Getting this loom here involved anchoring it to the deck of the trailer with lag screws and then using 3″ strapping to secure it.  The loom arrived intact, but several of the straps were cut in transport.   I am presuming that the tension on the straps was enough that the wind caused a vibration that wore on some of the sharper edges of the load.  I stopped and repaired these several times during the trip home, adding straps along the way to ensure that if one broke in the night there would be a backup on the load to hold it securely in place.  Today, after finishing the harnesses, I removed all straps, cleaned them, repaired several, and organized them for future use.  It required several hours.  It’s all a part of getting this weaving machinery here…


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s